This theme will examine the nature of the campus environment and how the campus climate promotes achievement of our institutional goals. Additionally, this theme will evaluate the university’s impact on the surrounding community. Key questions in this area include:
- What is the status of faculty and staff morale on campus and how might it be improved?
- What opportunities exist for professional development and growth?
- Is the campus engaged in adequate succession planning?
- What is the economic impact of SF State on the city of San Francisco and the surrounding Bay Area?
- What can we do to further our relationships with local school and community college districts?
- Are we effectively assessing our community outreach efforts and ensuring that they are consistent with SF State’s core mission?
- What can we do to improve the cohesiveness of our community outreach activities?
- Are there opportunities to increase our effectiveness in advocacy efforts with state, local and federal officials?
- What opportunities exist to leverage our extensive alumni presence in the Bay Area on issues important to the university?