This theme will examine student learning and academic attainments with the goal of improving academic achievement. The Theme 2 subcommittee is active soliciting feedback on the following key questions:
- How do you define student success?
- What motivates students to stay at SF State?
- What more can the university do to help students continue their education at SF State?
- What on-campus resources would help students graduate sooner from SF State?
- Other than on-campus resources, what would help students graduate sooner from SF State?
- What on-campus resources are most helpful to you at SF State?
For your reference, the original Theme 2 questions from the SPCC Charge were:
- What have we learned from the extensive work emanating from the Student Success and Graduation Initiative (SSGI)?
- How can we continue to improve graduation rates and reduce time to degree?
- How can we continue to improve retention rates?
- To what extent do gaps in achievement rates persist and how might they be closed?
- Does the new general education curriculum align with institutional goals for student learning?
- To what extent are department and program assessment practices aligned with institutional goals and how might we improve those alignments?
- To what extent are students academically prepared and institutionally supported such that they can effectively transition into the workforce after graduation and how might we improve in this area?